Friday, July 04, 2014

Popsicle Easel And Origami Box

This has been due for over a year now.  There are two things I wanted to share from the last birthday party of my son's.

The theme of that party was Arts and Crafts, so when I was looking for ideas for DIY projects and came across easels made of popsicle sticks I got very excited.  I intended to make those to use as place card holders for the food items.  If you look it up, you will find many many links on how to make it.  It is pretty simple.  But what I had a problem with was gluing the stick that goes in the back to hold up the easel.  I was not enthusiastic about not being able to collapse the easel once it is built as it would be space consuming to store and also I feared it might get undone or break off of the front.

Thankfully, I found a video that gave a simple alternative that met my needs.  Unfortunately, I forgot to save the link to that video and I am unable to find it now though I have searched for it far and wide.  That is why I am hesitant to share a link to any other video as the credit must really belong to the actual video that I got this idea from.

But the pictures below should give you an idea how to do it:







The other link I wanted to share is this:

http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-box.html

I made origami boxes to pack M&M as party favors for the kids.  I made the same to use as lids for the boxes and since I used paper to make them I was able to squeeze the box enough to get the lid on it.  But if you were to use stiffer material you might have to use squares a tad size bigger to make the lids for a better fit.




No comments:

");