Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Personalized Gift - Part 2 of Personalize Your T-Shirts

Facebook Advertisements are extremely intelligent.  I will never know how, but the advertising software correctly determined that I was a narcissist and suggested gifts for me to buy on my birthday - T-Shirts printed with words that might have been invented for me : "Aged To Perfection".  However, I took one look at the price tag and it immediately processed that I was a miser, again correctly, and completely stopped making any more suggestions for my birthday gifts from the very next day.

Nevertheless, the idea stuck in my mind and I had decided then and there that I was going to make a personalized t-shirt for my husband for his birthday.  His preference is Whiskey.  Johnnie Walker to be precise.  But their labels did not hold much appeal for a t-shirt design.  So I turned to Jack Daniels.  I had to look no further than the very first image that Google fetched : https://www.etsy.com/listing/200354291/51st-birthday-shirt-for-men-and-women?ref=market.  I copied the design and added my own words.

I take credit for the bottom line - "Lives Responsibly" - inspired by the words "Drink Responsibly" on the Blue Label box that was staring at me.  Johnnie Walker did add the final touch, after all.




I used white Crayola Fabric Marker, but once it dried, I found that it was so light that nothing showed two feet away.  So I traced the entire thing with Tulip Matte Dimensional Fabric Paint.  In a way it was an advantage.  Since I had made it by free hand drawing, after the second run, I noticed that the fabric paint stood out in stark relief on the black background that the mistakes I had made with the marker disappeared in contrast.

The paint came in an easy flow bottle, so it was just like piping.  I thought I might run out while using the 1.25 fl oz white from the 6-pack, but there was still a lot left when I finished.

No comments:

");